Thursday, July 31, 2008

Favre and Packers Dumb and Dumber

I’m still waiting for someone to offer me money to shut up and go away.
I wonder if I put that option on e-bay how much money I could raise?

I’m sure some people would go all in.

I say this because apparently the Green Bay Packers have offered Brett Favre $20 million dollars to go away.
I’m no agent, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Take it Favre.

As a Packer fan, this whole fiasco is making me consider being a Bears fan.

Whew, I’m glad that thought didn’t last long.

But seriously, what is wrong with Green Bay’s front office? How much is it really going to set the franchise back by giving Favre another year? I know he had a chance. He put the Packers in a bind, but refusing to let Favre compete for the starting job is just plain dumb.

The shareholders are restless. Their stupidity rivals Favre’s stubbornness.
If Favre is really determined to come back, why not get something of value for him?

Trade him to the Bears. What harm could he do with that offense?

Even if he was traded to the Vikings and he helped them become a playoff team, it wouldn’t look near as dumb as offering him that much money to go away.

Who wouldn’t want to get a draft pick out of the Vikings rather than to pay Favre $20million to call it quits?

The Packers have blown it now. They have lost their leverage.
This whole thing could have actually helped Green Bay. The Packers got nothing when Favre decided to retire. Now they could get something of value by him coming back if they haven’t already waited too long.

1 comment:

Kyle Flanagan said...

I'm with you on Favre Zuke. However, I'm not with you and that goofy shirt and hat you are wearing in Atlanta.
You could have looked great in Braves stuff... think about it.