Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dave Palfreyman Scholarship

In a few weeks I will be announcing the winner of the Dave Palfreyman scholarship. It will go to a Utah Valley University athlete who needs help to continue to pursue an athletic career.
I can't think of anything I would rather do than to help an athlete continue to play at the college level. My hope is that one day someone will tell me “If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have played college baseball." How cool would that be?
Dave Palfreyman passed away last year of cancer. He was a good man and a UVU supporter. It's not always cool to be a UVU supporter, not with BYU just a few miles away.
Guys like Palfreyman didn't care. They knew they were needed and they made a difference. It is an honor to have the scholarship in his name.
I hope this will be an annual event but if not, this year will offer a memorable moment. If anyone wants more information on the scholarship they can go to www.secondchancefoundationofutah.com
I will present the scholarship on May 31, at the 11th annual Utah Valley All-Star baseball classic at UVU. I hope to see you there.

No comments: