Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day changes for me evey year. It's gone from wondering what to get my dad for father's day to wondering what to tell my kids to get their dad.
Father's day is about love. It's really an excuse to be our ideal selves. We go out of our way to get along and pitch in to make Father's Day special.
My kids puiled it off. They catered to my every need all day and most of all they spent time with me today instead of wathching TV and spending the day on Facebook. How freshfreshing.
I thank my family, not just for this day, but for all the days I have them in my life. And as for my father, I wish he was here. How I could use his advice, his calming influnence on my life. Man I miss him.
Another Father's day in the book and it finds me with mixed emotions. I am so lucky to have my family in my life and I sure miss my dad.

No comments: